1.3M Orange Users are hit by New Breach - BestCyberNews: Online News Presenter in the present world

BestCyberNews: Online News Presenter in the present world

Start knowing

test banner

Breaking

1.3M Orange Users are hit by New Breach

1.3million Orange users personal details in France were stolen when telecoms giant Orange was hacked for the second time this year. Hackers gained access to the a platform used by Orange to send email and SMS to its subscribers.

Orange posted message on their website and stated “found an illegitimate access to an email and SMS-sending platform” used in its marketing campaigns.

The stolen information included names, email addresses, mobile and landline numbers, and dates of birth.

Orange said, Bank details were not compromised. According to Connexion, hackers did gain access to some details of customers of other operators, held by Orange for marketing purposes. 

After first saying that “tens of thousands” had been affected in the latest attack, which took place in April, a spokesman said that the details of 1.3m people had been stolen, and that these people should be wary of possible “phishing” emails. 

Phishing is used by criminals to con victims into supplying key personal data, including bank account details and passwords by sending emails that look as if they have come from official sources.

Those who respond to them supply their personal details, only to discover later that they have been conned. 

Orange said that it had informed all affected people on Monday via email. The message contains a link "click to call back" button. Anyone who clicks the link will receive a call from Orange within 48 hours. 

Orange was hacked on April 18. It took the company until May 5 to find out how many people had been affected and “lock” the technical network.

On January, Orange sent letters to 800,000 customers after hackers gained access to their personal details.



Author Venkatesh Yalagandula Follow us Google + and Facebook and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment